Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday's

Well it has been a busy week. By looking at every one's blog this week it seems like the 4th went off without a hitch. Let me tell you what I have been up to.

     1) Finished a Flimsy


               Little girls Butterfly Quilt


2) Finished up a Home warming Quilt for a friend. And its has a new home.


                              Back


3) I rearranged my sewing room for this!!!



   My Dad made this for ME!!! And he also made on for my mom, of course its a lot larger.
   Mom's sewing room was the garage of their home.

4) Mom and I were going through some sewing stuff but back and just look at what we found!
         My moms grandmother did this quilts 
             Look at the hand sewn quilt

             We found them wrapped up in a cloth
                        January 21,  1934                                  
This is news paper that she used to make pattern backing

 She even pinned the pattern on the blocks that they would use.

                  Appliqued  Butterfly
                The pattern is pinned on the back.
       Flimsy top's all I need to do is Hand Quilt

                    All hand sewn.
 We were like two kids in a candy store when we found these. Mom didn't remember even having these.
      Now you know how my week went. Please post comments on how your week went! 






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new table. That is great you dad can make that. My dad tends to be pretty helpless in that regard. So... i married a handy hubby.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete